Monday, January 5, 2009

Currently Loving...

While I'm pretty much missing school/waiting for it to start again, doing little chores here and there and catching up on my DVD collection, I've stumbled across some things that are proving to put a smile on my face time and time again.

California-inspired T-Shirts
Why? I have no idea, but for some odd reason, I've just been bursting with California pride lately. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that everyone else is loving New York 'til the cows come home. Anyway, there are a few I'm totally drooling over for no legitimate reason other than the fact that they represent something I hold near and dear: being a Californian.


Stirrup Skinny Denim + Leggings
If an adorable outfit of your creation has suffered at the hands of bunchy jean legs or stubborn legging creep-ups, you are not alone. Grab a pair of stirrup "pants" (no longer just for mom jeans!) and let your most chic ensembles live long, happy existences.

C.O. Bigelow Soda Fountain Lip Glosses
I've never claimed to know or care much about make-up (I pretty much leave those matters to Michaela), but since starting my job at Bath and Body Works, I seriously can't get enough of the C.O. Bigelow 'Soda Fountain' lip glosses we sell. I'm not a huge fan of the Hot Fudge Sundae flavor, but I'm definitely all over the Butterscotch Vanilla and Strawberry Sundae glosses. What's even better is that now, they're on sale! Buy one at www.bathandbodyworks.com for about $4 or purchase all three for just $10!


David Bowie
Enough said. The most fierce man around, you kind of just ooze a good vibe when you listen to Bowie.


The New Year
Along with a growing sense of self-control, welcoming 2009 is a biggie for me. It seems almost as though, upon waking up on the first, things were instantly better. It was kind of like that scene in The Wizard of Oz, when the Lollipop Guild sing about the witch being dead. Whether I look back at this post in eleven months with disgust is something no one knows just yet, but here's to hoping things stay peachy.

- Emily Rose

No comments: