Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Premium Denim vs. Mall Denim: Where Do You Draw The Line?

There are some things I'll hands-down spend my money on: cardigans, boots, records, purses, DVDs, etcetc. There are other things I'm certainly not so wild and crazy about shelling out for, but in a more inexpensive setting are totally necessary, like sneakers and jeans. I'm perfectly happy spending $55 for two pairs of irresistably cute and surprisingly well-fitting Bullhead jeans from PacSun instead of saving multiple paychecks for a single pair of Rock and Republics or True Religions. I don't care as much about having a horseshoe design embroidered on my behind as I do putting gas in my car or having a little extra spending money for a fun night out. I mean, am I crazy?



Sure, when I inevitably get enveloped in Hollywood culture and actually start caring about what everyone thinks, I'll probably cave and spend a small fortune on denim, but right now, that's just not where my priorities are.

So here's where I turn it over to you: How much would you pay for a pair of jeans? What would you spend that $300 on otherwise?

- Emily Rose

No comments: